The Strength & Conditioning Specialists
We specialise in helping our learners become excellent practitioners:
- You will complete carefully selected, specialist qualifications.
- You will undergo practically-focussed learning opportunities, guided and supported by our very experienced tutors.
- You will learn to stand out from the crowd by being masters of the fundamentals of human movement and performance.
You will be challenged and supported throughout your course to achieve our high standards of practice. Our qualifications are:
- YMCA Awards Level 2 Certificate in the Foundations of Strength and Conditioning (Trainer)
- YMCA Awards Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training (Practitioner)
Learning the fundamentals of how to move properly is vital in a young athlete’s development. Unfortunately, this is all too often overlooked. Skill-specific training is, of course, important in a young athlete’s development, but learning how to train shouldn’t be overlooked.
For anyone who wants to learn more about physical development, our experts have a huge amount of experience in working with young athlete’s and teaching them the fundamentals of good movement and training patterns, which can also help avoid injury.
It’s not just youth athletes that need help with their strength and conditioning education. Fundamentally, we help adults understand how to carry out basic movements correctly. And the best part? This is for everyone; you don’t have to be a professional
athlete to learn how moving properly can help you. Training and moving properly is a fundamental part of avoiding injury, so get in touch today to find out more about our adult strength and conditioning education options.
Level 2 Certificate in the Foundations of Strength and Conditioning (Trainer)
The Athlete Academy is one of the first Training Providers in the country to run this exciting new fitness qualification.
This brand-new entry-level fitness qualification is regarded by many as the most significant development in fitness education for over 20 years. In February 2019 the course was endorsed by CIMSPA, and is the result of a collaboration between the UK Strength and Conditioning Association (UKSCA)– the professional body for Strength and Conditioning Coaches – and YMCA Awards, a leading fitness industry awarding organisation.
The YMCA Awards Level 2 Certificate in the Foundations of Strength and Conditioning (Trainer) (L2CFCS) recognises and promotes the value of functional training for participants of all ages.
- S&C Trainers will learn to personally master and coach foundation movement skills, including running-based activitiesin a variety of environments and not limited to only gym-based activities.
- S&C Trainers will learn how to help participants make improvements with and without the use of equipmentand be able to adapt sessions for youth participants as well as adults.
- Successful L2CFCS trainers will be confident using a wide range of strength and fitness training tools, including free weights, medicine balls, rigs/bars, suspension trainers and CV equipment.
- L2CFCS trainers will be qualified to work with youth participants (11+) and adults of all ages.