YMCA Awards Level 2 Certificate in the Foundations of Strength and Conditioning (Trainer)
The Athlete Academy is one of the first Training Providers in the country to run this exciting new fitness qualification.
This brand-new entry-level fitness qualification is regarded by many as the most significant development in fitness education for over 20 years. In February 2019 the course was endorsed by CIMSPA, and is the result of a collaboration between the UK Strength and Conditioning Association (UKSCA)– the professional body for Strength and Conditioning Coaches – and YMCA Awards, a leading fitness industry awarding organisation.
The YMCA Awards Level 2 Certificate in the Foundations of Strength and Conditioning (Trainer) (L2CFCS) recognises and promotes the value of functional training for participants of all ages.
- S&C Trainers will learn to personally master and coach foundation movement skills, including running-based activitiesin a variety of environments and not limited to only gym-based activities.
- S&C Trainers will learn how to help participants make improvements with and without the use of equipmentand be able to adapt sessions for youth participants as well as adults.
- Successful L2CFCS trainers will be confident using a wide range of strength and fitness training tools, including free weights, medicine balls, rigs/bars, suspension trainers and CV equipment.
- L2CFCS trainers will be qualified to work with youth participants (11+) and adults of all ages.
Who is the course for?
Why enrol with the Athlete Academy?
- The Athlete Academy is highly regarded for the provision of S&C coaching, coach education and fitness qualifications. A professional training provider for 13 years, we have helped many aspirational coaches and personal trainers achieve their qualifications
- Programme Director Ed Archer is one of the architects of the Level 2 CFSC, having worked for the UKSCA development team. So, if you enrol with the Athlete Academy, you will work with one of the coaches who wrote the course.
- Our tutors and assessors are practicing UKSCA Accredited S&C Coaches with significant experience in high-performance environments as well as education.
- We take pride in expecting high standards in practice, conduct and learning on our courses. In return, we offer our full and personal support for our dedicated learners.
How is the course structured?
Course delivery is based on four intensive workshop days, 2 x 2-3 hour workshops, and an assessment day to cover the following units:
- Planning and preparing Strength and Conditioning Training
- Delivering Strength and Conditioning Training
There are additionally a number of online modules to be completed for the following units:
- Level 2 Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise and Fitness
- Level 2 Lifestyle and Health Awareness Management
- Level 2 Providing a Positive Customer Experience in the Exercise Environment
There are no prerequisites to enroll and complete the Strength and Conditioning Trainer Certificate. The course is designed to help anyone with a passion for health and fitness embark on and complete this highly sought-after qualification.
|Cheltenham / Gloucester||Evening Course||Weekday Course||Weekend Course||Bespoke Courses|
Already Level 2 Gym or Level 3 PT Qualified?
Brilliant – we can discuss your APL (Accredited Prior Learning) and discount the course for you!
For more information please contact Ed Archer:
Call: 07718 637 317